I made it to Toronto, Ontario for the 2nd annual Ignite Business Event Expo and I am very excited to show you what I did the very first day here. We had the wonderful opportunity to tour some of Toronto's largest and most fabulous Event Venues from Muzik to the Sony Centre for the Performing Arts and more!
1. Muzik: Your own private resort located minutes from downtown Toronto, Muzik offers its guests the excitement and grandeur of an exclusive VIP event! Famous celebrities that have attended or hosted parties at Muzik include: Snoop Dogg, Goldie Hawn, Eva Longoria, Ludacris, Will.i.am, Katy Perry, Drake, Kate Hudson and many, many more!
2. The Fermenting Cellar: Located in the critically acclaimed Distillery Historic District, a national historic site, this flagship venue offers a breathtaking industrial chic setting, including recent filming of Beauty and the Beast and other exciting events.
3. House of Moments: Located in the heart of Toronto's bustling Leslieville, you will find a unique space with lofty ceilings, intricately carved sculptures, aged and well travelled from the East, to one-of-a-kind paintings from International and local artists, all telling a special story!
4. The Carlu: One of the best surviving examples of Art Moderne in the world, The Carlu is Canada's premiere venue for social, corporate and cultural events. Opened March 26, 1931 with a Gala concert, the Seventh Floor Concert Hall was soon considered one of the finest auditoriums in North America, often referred to as the sister to New York's Carnegie Hall. The Carlu is an historic event space in Toronto, Ontario, known for many years as the "Eaton's Seventh Floor". In 2008, The Clipper Rooms were re-envisioned and renovated by HGTV designer Sarah Richardson.
5. The Sony Centre for the Performing Arts: The Sony Centre for the Performing Arts is Canada’s largest soft-seat theatre. The centre opened as the O’Keefe Centre on October 1, 1960, and has played host to a variety of international attractions and stars. In 1996, the building was renamed in recognition of a major gift from the Canadian software company, Hummingbird Communications Ltd. The $5-million donation allowed the Centre to undertake a number of capital improvements and repairs, among them the installation of an elevator and an acoustic reinforcement system for the auditorium. In September 2007, Sony bought the naming rights to the Centre and a 10-year partnership was born. Popular artists including Bob Dylan, Steve Earle, Leonard Cohen, Elvis Costello, David Bowie, Lou Reed, Elton John and bands such as The Who, Jefferson Airplane,Led Zeppelin, Radiohead, The Clash and Beastie Boys played concerts at the Sony Centre for Performing Arts.
I hope you enjoyed reading bio's on each of the beautiful venues I visited and learned more about!
Now tell me, if you could attend an event at any of the above 5 venues, which one would it be and why??
Stay tuned for Wednesday's Blog, coming soon!
Premiere Event Management
10/17/2013 11:01:40 pm
Could not be written any better. Reading this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this post to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Thanks for sharing!....
12/11/2013 02:20:57 pm
There is no doubt that with the new technologies and the booming of the mobile applications the events are taking a new path.
Leave a Reply.
This Blog is written by Ashley Meadahl, Founder & CEO of Premiere Event Management.